Adopting a clear and focussed approach towards quality sustenance measures for institutionalisation and internalisation of quality culture, the IQAC of the college serves as an indispensable nodal agency for development and application of quality benchmarks a. As mandated by the UGC, this body seeks to involve internal and external beneficiaries/ stakeholders in a cross sectional participation in the institution's quality enhancement activities, through conscious, consistent and catalytic action plan.
The IQAC of MGC aims to foster a sense of belongingness to the institution amongst all stakeholders/ beneficiaries towards the common purpose of creating a participative, inclusive and equitable resource infrastructure. Updating pedagogic methods to a more ICT enabled and learner centric framework, and steering implementation of e-governance and transparency of documentation/ communication are some of the immediate goals set by the body.
In performing such roles, the IQAC functions as the moral conscience of the college, whose framework provides direction to the path towards progress for the college, in a manner that includes all and leaves no one behind.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
- Relevant and quality academic/ research programmes;
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society; d) Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute to
- Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement; b) Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs;
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.